- Commando -
- 1 brown onion – peeled and finely chopped
- 300 - 400g slow cooked lamb
- 1 cup quinoa (any colour will do) – washed and rinsed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes – quartered
- 1 yellow capsicum – trimmed and finely chopped (any colour will do)
- ½ cup kalamata olives – pitted and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 cup of baby kale/spinach/rocket – any leafy green will do
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves – peeled and finely chopped
- ½ lemon – juiced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Goats fetta (optional)
- This recipe requires 300-400g of leftover slow cooked lamb. For instructions on how to slow cook a shoulder of lamb, download our multi-meal e-book: www.secretserve.com.au/multi-meals
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil on a low heat in a fry pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until softened and translucent. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Put the rinsed quinoa in a saucepan with 1 ¾ cups of salted water.
- Bring the water to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and pop the lid on.
- After 15 minutes remove from the heat but leave the lid on for a further 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the lid and run a fork through it. Add the onion and garlic and fork through to combine.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and combine the cherry tomatoes, capsicum, kale & olive.
- Lightly reheat the lamb on the stove top (add some olive oil if needed).
- Combine the lamb with the quinoa and some goat's cheese fetta if desired. Dress with lemon and olive oil (1 tbsp lemon and 2 tbsp olive oil).
- Season & serve.