- Invisible -
- 1 WHITE ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
- 700G POTATOES, PEELED AND CHOPPED
- 1 CARROT, FINELY CHOPPED
- 100G PUMPKIN, GRATED
- 100G ZUCCHINI, GRATED
- 2 X 210G CANNED PINK SALMON, DRAINED, SKIN AND BONED REMOVED
- 2 TBSP PANKO BREADCRUMBS
- SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- EXTRA FLOUR, FOR DUSTING
- 2 EGGS, LIGHTLY BEATEN
- 2 CUPS PANKO CRUMBS, EXTRA
- CANOLA OIL, FOR SHALLOW FRYING
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to the boil and cook until soft then remove from the heat, drain and set aside to mash and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook for 6-8 minutes of until softened, then add the pumpkin and zucchini. Cook for another 2 minutes then remove from the heat and add to the potato.
- Stir the salmon into the vegetables along with the two tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Season well.
- Take 2 tablespoons mixture and shape into a log shape. Repeat with remaining mixture. Place on a baking tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from fridge, gently dust with flour, dip in egg then coat in breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray again and place in freezer for another 15 minutes.
- Heat 1cm oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the salmon fingers over 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel. Serve with salad.
- NOTE - Substitute tuna instead of salmon
- DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION