- Undetected -
- 3 GREEN ONIONS, CHOPPED
- 400G BUTTON, CUP OR FLAT MUSHROOMS
- 1 TEASPOON DRIED ITALIAN HERBS
- 400G PORK MINCE
- 1 EGG
- 1 CUP FRESH BREADCRUMBS
- VEGETABLE OIL, FOR COOKING
- 4 VIETNAMESE ROLLS OR 1 LONG BAGUETTE, CUT INTO 4, HALVED, TOASTED
- 1 CARROT, SHREDDED, USING A JULIENNE PEELER
- 1 CUP SHREDDED ICEBERG LETTUCE
- 1 CUP GRATED TASTY CHEESE
- Finely chop onions and mushrooms by hand or in a food processor. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring for 8 minutes until all of the moisture has evaporated. Stir in herbs. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. (Mixture must be cool - do not add warm mushrooms to cold mince mixture). Drain any excess moisture and transfer to a bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- Add mince, egg and breadcrumbs to mushroom mixture. Mix until well combined. Shape tablespoons of mixture into balls with damp hands. Place onto a lined tray. Cover and chill for 1 hour until firm. (Or freeze for later use).
- Heat oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs in 2 batches for 8-10 minutes, shaking pan often until browned and cooked through.
- Spread baguette with mayonnaise. Add carrot, lettuce and cheese. Top with meatballs.
- NOTE - Mixture makes about 30 meatballs. Freeze remaining for a later date.
- DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION