- Vanishing -
Quick and easy Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 large white onion, FINELY chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 150g red capsicum, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup finely shredded chinese cabbage or bok choy
- 1/4 cup salt reduced soy sauce
- Cook the rice by absorption method according to packet instructions then place in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan liberally with cooking oil spray and heat over medium heat. Mix the egg with one tablespoon water until combined then pour into the pan. Cook, moving the mixture around the pan until set then remove from the pan, cool slightly and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the onion and capsicum. Cook for 4-5 minutes then add the garlic and ginger. Cook for a further minute then add the peas, cabbage (or bok choy), rice and egg. Cook for 3-4 minutes until warmed through, toss the soy sauce through and mix until fully combined, then serve.
- NOTE - Shredded cooked chicken, ham or Chinese barbecued pork can be added for a non-vegetarian version.
- DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION