- Wily -
- 1 brown onion – peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 3 garlic cloves – peeled and chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks – trimmed and chopped
- 2-3 carrots – trimmed and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2L chicken broth/stock
- ½ pumpkin – cut into 2 cm chunks
- 400g shredded chicken
- 1 handful of peas (frozen is fine)
- ½ lemon – juice
- ¼ bunch parsley leaves – roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- This recipe requires 400g of leftover or store bought shredded chicken. If you would like to roast the chicken first, download our multi-meal e-book for the full recipe: www.secretserve.com.au/multi-meals
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrot and herbs and stir occasionally for 5-6 mins or until onions have softened.
- Add the broth and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and cook for a further 15 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a blender and mix to hide the individual veggies.
- Put the blended soup back on a low heat and add the chicken and peas. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season and add the lemon juice to taste. Dress with parsley leaves (optional).