- Tasty -
Sticky chipotle pork with avocado and apple salsa
- • 2 tbs vegetable oil
- • 700g pork mince
- • 2 medium brown onions, peeled, finely chopped
- • 5 tbs chipotle in adobo sauce
- • 100ml tomato sauce
- • 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- • 50ml maple syrup
- • Cooked long grain rice, to serve
- Avocado & apple salsa
- • 1 small red onion, peeled, halved, finely diced
- • 1 pink lady, Fuji or Jazz apple, cut into matchsticks
- • 1 avocado, diced
- • 1 lime, juiced
- • 2 tbs chopped coriander
- 1. For the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or deep-frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mince, cook, stirring constantly until pork changes colour. Remove to a bowl, wipe wok clean, return to medium heat.
- 3. Add the remaining oil and onion, cook, stirring 6 minutes or until soft. Add the chipotle in adobe sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar, cook stirring 2 minutes. Return the pork to the wok or pan, cook stirring until well coated.
- 4. Pour over the maple syrup, cook stirring for 5 minutes or until pork is thick and sticky.
- 5. Spoon the rice into bowl, spoon over the pork and top with salsa.
- Serving Suggestion, The sticky pork is delicious serves over corn chips, in taco shells or spooned into lettuce leaves.
- Tip chipotle in adobo sauce is a Mexican product, you will find it in the supermarket where all the Mexican foods are.
- Salsa Variations
- • For apple and cucumber salsa, replace the avocado with 1 large Lebanese cucumber, diced and coriander with flat leaf parsley. Serve over pan fried fish.
- • For a chilli mango salsa, replace the apple with firm ripe mango, diced; replace avocado with 1 large Lebanese cucumber, diced and add 1 long red chilli, finely chopped with the coriander. Serve over barbecue fish, pork or chicken.